38 talented English students, spanning five of our Trust Academies, were selected to participate in a truly unique and invaluable GCSE English revision conference; this was held over half term on the 16th February 2016, at the impressive Leeds Castle. The conference was fully funded by the Trust, as a means of supporting some of our most academically promising students and encouraging them to aspire to achieving the very top A/A* grades.
Some of our most gifted and dedicated English specialists led the revision sessions, all of which focused on honing the skills required to achieve academic excellence this summer. Each student had the opportunity to attend five discrete revision sessions, in very small groups of no more than 14; in addition they experienced the thrilling, ancient art of falconry, led by the Head Falconer at Leeds Castle.
- “It was amazing…”
- “Totally engaging…”
- “It was so good to be outside the classroom…it was very relaxed and wasn’t so intense…”
- “It made us feel like adults…I loved it!”
- “The teachers were really kind and always there to help. I feel much more confident because we worked on all the skills I needed.”
- “Amazing! It was a beautiful place…”
- “I definitely feel more confident…”
- “I found the environment ideal for learning and the teachers were really good at explaining problems…”
- “The rich, colourful environment and vibrant history made for an interesting visit.”
- “I feel much more confident about my understanding of the English exam, as I have been taught in lots of different ways.”
- “I now know better methods of approaching exam questions…”
- “It was very useful and I was able to refresh my knowledge.”