Welcome to Minerva
Our college is named after the Roman Goddess of Wisdom and sponsor of arts and strategy. Minerva was always depicted with the ‘owl of Minerva’, which was her source of knowledge.
Minerva is an extremely successful college and our results are a source of enormous pride. Minerva is the “blue” college. Students have blue ties (for boys) and a blue stripe (for girls). Our college motto is ‘Believe in yourself’ and we encourage our students to be aspirational and achieve the very highest standards in all aspects of their academy life. In Minerva, we believe that to be successful, students must be hardworking, polite, creative, be considerate of each other and have a sense of fun. We accept only the highest standards and believe that being in Minerva is a key part of the journey to independence and success in adult life. Most of all, we encourage our students to be resilient and continually strive for excellence, to fulfil their potential and achieve their goals. Minerva is a community where all students feel safe, supported and able to achieve.
The aim of our highly skilled and dedicated team is to develop successful students who demonstrate courage, behave with integrity and live happy lives.
Head of College – Minerva
Our core purpose is to ensure our students succeed in learning and succeed in life. Three themes that define us are:
- Ethos: Respect and Honesty
- High Standards: Principles and Values
- Achievement: Attainment and Progress
Our team consist of highly skilled and talented individuals who are very committed to providing the very best for our students.
- Mr P Lonergan – Head of College
- Ms T Salih – Assistant Principal
- Ms C Quan – Assistant Principal
- Miss L Collinson – Head of Year 9
- Mr R Willington – Head of Year 8
- Mrs S Duff – Student Service Managers (SSM)
- Mrs N King – Admin Office
- Mr P Devlin – Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mr N Crocker – Wellbeing Manager