I am delighted to inform you of the recent following successes at Post-16:
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Results
Yesterday the academy received another set of strong results for our Post-16 IB provision which have enabled our students to secure positive destinations for their futures. We are immensely proud of our students and staff, who despite the adversity of having a significant proportion of their Year 11 and Post-16 education delivered online, have produced a simply stunning set of results. Please see below the headlines:
- Our average point score of 30.9 demonstrates a sustained strong performance at Post-16 when compared to 2019, the last time students sat external examinations.
- Our average grade this year was 4.52, an improvement on our average grade in 2019 (4.47). This demonstrates continuous and sustained improvement in our Post 16 provision.
- Stand out subjects include IB Global Politics, IB History, IB Environmental Systems and Societies, IB Film Studies, IB Biology and IB Design Technology.
- One in 5 student grades were Grade 6 or above.
- 89% of students undertaking the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme Reflective Project achieved Grade A.
Our Post-16 provision is among the first schools in the UK to offer the new BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in ESports qualification. The qualification not only offers students the chance to immerse themselves in the ESports Industry (a rapidly growing area worth in excess of 1 Billion U.S. dollars), but also learn about the sport science and business behind ESports. To read more about this exciting opportunity for our students, please click the following link: https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/game-on-school-starts-teaching-pupils-esports-269723/
I hope that you agree that this is an exciting time for Post 16 at Wilmington Academy, a provision which constantly seeks to offer new opportunities to our students.
Mr M Gore