What do you need to be successful in this course?
Open-minded, balanced, reflective, good listener, internationally-minded, able to work in a team and using your own initiative to help you to become an independent learner.
- Keeping Safe – For students to understand – Personal Safety, E-Safety, Bullying, Cyber-bullying and safeguarding
- British Values – What is British? How socially diverse is Britain? What makes up our Identity
- Animal ethics – Animal Rights, Animal Testing, Culling, Farm to Fork
- Knowing yourself – Puberty, Hygiene, Relationships, Emotional Intelligence
- What is Parliament? Looking at the role of the House of Commons, the House of Lords and the Monarchy
- Human rights and religion – Including the Rights of the Child and Human Rights abuses around the globe
- Prejudice and Discrimination – Looking at all forms of discriminations and its effects on society
- A Matter of Life and Death – Including religious views on matters such as organ donation
- Forming Successful Relationships – What makes a healthy, balanced relationship
- The Choices we Make – For students to understand the importance of decision making
- How are our Morals and Values formed – Understanding the role of parents and religion in developing our world view
- Economic Well-being – Learning budgeting and how to manage person finances