It is with great pride that I write this letter of introduction to you as the newly appointed Principal of Wilmington Academy with effect from 1 June 2019. I am honoured to have the opportunity to lead our high performing academy into its next era.
Since joining the academy in 2012, I have been part of Wilmington Academy’s successful journey in achieving outstanding Leadership and Management from Ofsted, attaining IB World School Status whilst continually producing excellent student outcomes.
Under my leadership we will continue to aim for excellence in everything we do.
Our core priorities going forwards will be:
- A commitment to the International Baccalaureate philosophy which is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
- To embed and pioneer the IB Middle Years Programme at Key Stage 3 and IB Careers Programme at P16 in the UK.
- To provide an opportunity for all students to access an excellent education underpinned by effective teaching and learning.
- To provide opportunities for students to access a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To ensure standards and expectations remain high.
- To maximise the levels of achievement of students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- To improve the life chances of the young people in our care.
- To continue the strong relationships with parents/carers, students and the community.
Over the next few months Mrs Trusler and I will be working together to ensure a smooth transition.
I look forward to working with you in the next chapter of Wilmington Academy’s future as part of the wider aims of the Leigh Academies Trust.
Mr M Gore