1-2-1 device loan scheme at Wilmington Academy
When you join the academy, students are provided with a chromebook. We believe that having the use of a Chromebook in the academy and being able to take the device home is invaluable in supporting your son/daughter in their studies throughout their education at Wilmington Academy.
These devices are pre-enrolled and labelled with the students’ names. The loan will end midway through year 9, when these devices will be recalled and new devices allocated, which will remain with the student until the end of year 11.
This is a loan agreement and at no point will students be able to purchase the device.
Voluntary contribution scheme
If you would like to voluntarily contribute to this scheme, we will really welcome the gesture. To do this you can make a payment by using ParentPay. Donations can be as little as £5 per module or a one off donation of £30 per year.
- Students will be expected to bring the Chromebook to the academy each day fully charged for use in lessons.
- Chromebooks should be charged overnight and the charger should be left at home.Chargers are not included in the main management of the device.
- Students will use their best endeavours to look after the device and not accessorise or otherwise alter the appearance of the Chromebook in any way.
- Students will be able to continue with online work from home in the case of any periods of absence from the academy.
- Students should only use the Chromebooks in classes for class activities as directed by a teacher and for no other purpose.
- Any and all damage to the Chromebook must be reported on the day of or next academy day.
- We ask that all parents take a National Online Safety course to ensure that the risks of online use are clearly understood.
Click here to view more information on our website.
- The Chromebook is fully insured BUT you may be asked to pay an excess via ParentPay each time the insurance policy is activated e.g. for damage or theft.
- A charger lead will be provided with the Chromebook however this is not covered by the insurance policy so must remain at home. If the charger lead were to become lost or broken it will be necessary for you to purchase a replacement.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase a Chromebook cover/case to protect the device and also ensure your child has a school bag big enough to carry the Chromebook and all the usual school equipment to and from the academy each day.
If you have any questions regarding the 1-2-1 loan scheme please do not hesitate to email the Chromebook Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.