Implementation of Knowledge Organisers (Homework)
A knowledge organiser has been produced by every subject for all students in year 7 to 11, these are for students to study as homework. Knowledge organisers will be used as a basis of low stakes testing across the module and will normally take place as part of the starter activity in lessons. This will help build your son/daughter’s knowledge and confidence over the course of the module and the year, so that when they have an assessment, they can use the knowledge organisers for that subject as a revision tool. This strategy helps best prepare your son/daughter for the level of recall needed to successfully complete the rigorous new-style 9-1 GCSE examinations.
How can you help your son/daughter?
- Every knowledge organiser has been published on both the Wilmington Academy website and distance learning website; you could help your child to download these onto their device (if they have one) or print them out and place them in a folder for them to use at home.
- Help your child to create a homework timetable:
- One hour, five times per week
- 20 minutes each on three different subjects per session
- This equates to 5 hours of homework per week
- Quiz your child on the information, help them to create Quizlets, flash cards, posters etc.
If you have any queries concerning the content of any knowledge organiser, please contact your child’s class teacher in the first instance. Thank you for your support in implementing this key strategy to help best prepare your child to become more confident, independent and prepared for learning.