RE: Recent Cost Of Living Increases and Uniform Drive
As we come towards the end of the school year now is a great time to assess your child’s uniform situation to check if there are any items that could be donated to Wilmington Academy’s Uniform Swap Shop. Especially for those in Year 11 who will no longer require their academy uniform.
Uniform Swap Shop Collection
Through the generosity of parents and carers of students here at Wilmington Academy, we have now amassed many items of spare school uniform for any families that may need it. However, there are some items that we always require, for example school blazers and P.E kit.
The process for requesting new items of uniform is even easier than before. If you need to use the swap shop service please complete the Google form by following the link below –
Uniform Swap Shop Form
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free School Meals Provisions
In our last letter we indicated how to apply for free school meals for your child. I have included this information below again as a reminder.
Your child may be entitled to free school meals provided by the academy. By making an early application for free school meals we are able to plan for the upcoming academic year.
For your child to qualify for free school meals you will need to be able to prove that you are in receipt and can provide the relevant proof of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance</ li>
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance</ li>
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999</ li>
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit</ li>
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you feel that your child may be entitled to free school meals you can make an application through Kent County Council by using the following link – cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/kent/apply
Please find below some useful information and links in relation to potential support that may be available to you:
- Support from Kent County Council (KCC): Household Support Fund for food and energy – Kent County Council
- Support from Dartford Borough Council: dartford.gov.uk/support-advice-2/cost-living-support
- KCC is working with Green Doctor to provide energy saving advice. Green Doctor, helping UK residents stay warm, stay well, and save energy. – Groundwork
- Some internet providers are giving free internet for families that are eligible moneysavingexpert.com/compare-broadband-deals/broadband-social-tariffs/
If you need any help with completing the application please feel free to contact Mr Staunton via the email address above.
Ms C Quan
Mr S Staunton
Head of Year 9 Jupiter