We are aware of the recent cost of living increases. In order to support parents and carers we would like to make you aware of the following provisions that are in place for students at Wilmington Academy.
Free School Meals Provisions
Your child may be entitled to free school meals provided by the academy. By making an early application for free school meals we are able to plan for the upcoming academic year.
For your child to qualify for free school meals you will need to be able to prove that you are in receipt and can provide the relevant proof of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you feel that your child may be entitled to free school meals you can make an application through Kent County Council.
If you need any help with completing the application please feel free to contact Mr Staunton via the email address below.
Uniform Swap Shop
As well as providing free school meals we are aiming to set up a uniform swap shop.
We know that uniform can sometimes be a significant expenditure and therefore we are requesting donations of any uniform that your child may have outgrown.
Any donations of the following, good quality, uniform would be greatly appreciated:
- PE Polo Shirts
- Football Boots
If you have any donations of uniform please ask your child to drop them in a bag into their College Admin Office. Once we have gathered a bank of donated uniform we will be in touch again with how the uniform will be distributed as needed.
Again, if you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact Mr Staunton (Email).
Ms C Quan | Assistant Principal