Please find enclosed information on the Wilmington Academy ‘Uniform Swap Shop’ and useful information in regards to free school meals and cost of living assistance.
Uniform Swap Shop Collection
Through the generosity of parents and carers of students here at Wilmington Academy, we have now amassed over 200 items of spare school uniform for any families that may need it. We now have a team of Post 16 students who have collated and organised the donations ready for distribution.
We have also updated the process for requesting new items to make it even easier. If you need to use the swap shop service please complete the Google Form by following the link below –
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact Mr Staunton at email@example.com, who will be happy to help.
Free School Meals Provisions
Your child may be entitled to free school meals provided by the academy.
For your child to qualify for free school meals you will need to be able to prove that you are in receipt and can provide the relevant proof of one of the following benefits:
Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you feel that your child may be entitled to free school meals you can make an application through Kent County Council by using the following link – https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/kent/apply
If you require assistance to make an application please do not hesitate to contact Mr Staunton at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be happy to help.
Cost of Living Assistance
Please find below some useful information and links in relation to potential support that may be available to you:
- Support from Kent County Council (KCC): Household Support Fund for food and energy – Kent County Council
- Support from Dartford Borough Council: https://www.dartford.gov.uk/support-advice-2/cost-living-support
- KCC is working with Green Doctor to provide energy saving advice. Green Doctor, helping UK residents stay warm, stay well, and save energy. – Groundwork
- Some internet providers are giving free internet for families that are eligible https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/compare-broadband-deals/broadband-social-tariffs/
If you need any help with completing the application please feel free to contact Mr Staunton via the email address above.
Mr R Hall
Assistant Principal – Diminishing the Difference Champion
Mr S Staunton
Director of Learning for Business and Enterprise