Careers education is designed to inform students about the world of work and equip them with the skills, attributes and mindset they need to thrive in the future. Our vision is to empower students to make inspirational, independent, impartial decisions by imparting knowledge of all future options within the confines of Career Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG).
Our careers programme aims are to:
- Raise aspirations of students and respond to their needs as unique individuals.
- Encourage your son/daughter to positively engage in all learning and careers opportunities including further and higher education, apprenticeships, and the workplace.
- Instil your son/daughter with the confidence to make informed decisions about their future careers by linking the curriculum to future pathways and options.
- Work towards the prevention of students becoming NEET (not engaged in some form of education, employment or training).
I am delighted to announce that our Careers Programme for this academic year has now been published here on the academy website. Our Careers Programme will be delivered in a variety of formats including during lessons, form time, unifrog activities, one-to-one and group careers interviews and mentoring sessions, to name but a few. In order to ensure the quality of our provision, you and your son/daughter may receive a short survey from time-to-time.
Key personnel for careers within the academy are:
- Mr R Butler (Assistant Principal, Careers Lead): email@example.com
- Mrs K Man (Business Engagement Lead): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs C Turner (Careers Administrator): email@example.com
Any careers related queries can also be directed to your son/daughter’s college teams.
The Careers Programme shown is not exhaustive and further opportunities may develop throughout the academic year. If you, however, feel you could provide an opportunity to further the careers experience for our students, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mr R Butler
Assistant Principal – Jupiter College