Wilmington Academy is delighted to announce strong performance in our key stage 4 results. Our results compare favourably with 2019, with our APS showing continuous improvement. Our English and maths match up is the strongest that it has ever been, with large improvements across the key headline figures.
Michael Gore, Principal commented, “I am delighted to celebrate the impressive results from our 2023 GCSE cohort. These students have had a turbulent educational experience due to the pandemic but have shown true resilience and grit to produce results that exceed 2019 outcomes. A huge well done to the students and staff at the academy in which getting better never stops!”
Darrel Linehan-Dumont, Chair of Governors added, “With great pride, we applaud the outstanding achievements of Wilmington Academy’s students in this year’s exam results. The Board of Governors rejoices in your remarkable dedication and perseverance, a testament to your unwavering commitment to excellence. You are a shining beacon of what makes our school truly special – a community that fosters not only academic brilliance but also character, resilience, and a passion for continuous growth. Your success reaffirms our mission to inspire and nurture future leaders.”
Parents and students have also extended their appreciation with one Year 11 parent commenting, “At a time when many are receiving their exam results, I just wanted to thank Mr. Gore, and the entire teaching staff for their recent amazing achievement in bringing Wilmington Academy up to ‘Ofsted Outstanding’ status this has been felt within the local community. From the first parent/ teacher ‘engagement meeting’ arranged in the lecture theatre, to the additional afterschool targeted lessons with the teachers giving their time to support pupils alongside the care, support and dedication shown by pastoral teams was key to my son’s confidence and without doubt improved his grades. Thanks again to all involved.”
Standout performers include:
- Vincent – English language 9, English literature 9, maths 9, biology 9, physics 9, history 9, Spanish 9, chemistry 8;
- Elizabeth – English literature 9, maths 9, combined science 9 9, computer science 9, English language 8, history 8, art Distinction*;
- Sharif – Spanish 9, English language 9, English literature 9,biology 9, chemistry 9, physics 9, maths 8, geography 8;
- Keanu – Chinese 9, English language 8, English literature 6, maths 9, combined science 9 8, history 8, philosophy & ethics 8; and
- Chloe – English language 9, history 9, philosophy & ethics 9, combined science 8 8, English literature 8, maths 6, sport Distinction*.
Leigh Academies Trust video to follow later today, check back later for any updates!