Wilmington Academy is delighted to announce continued strong performance with our International Baccalaureate Diploma subjects. Despite grade boundaries returning to their pre-pandemic levels and this year’s cohort having never sat terminal examinations, results compare favourably with both national and global averages. Our average grade remains strong at a H4, with our value added improving by +0.05 from last year.
Particularly strong subject performance include: IB global politics, IB film studies, IB English, and IB history. Students undertaking the IBCP core reflective project also performed exceptionally well with 93% of students achieving A/B grades.
Over a three year period of significant post-16 growth, strong results are again maintained. Our overall average point score for our vocational qualifications has improved from our 2019 results with the average grade a Merit+. 36% of students achieved a Distinction or above in their subjects. This is particularly pleasing given the exponential growth in numbers and entries in post-16 over this period.
In its inaugural year, eSports performed incredibly well with 90% of all students achieving a D*/M and 100% of students achieving a D*/P. Other L3 subjects where performance has been strong include law, business and health & social care.
Standout performers include:
- Katie – applied law (Distinction), IB English (5), IB history (5), reflective project (A) – University of Kent, law
- Jack – applied law (Distinction*) IB business (6), finance (A) – University of North Carolina, golf scholarship
- Paloma – creative media (Distinction), IB English (6), IB film (6), IB psychology (4), reflective project (A)
- Jennifer – applied law (Distinction), IB English(6), IB business (5) – University of Leicester, computer science
- Stanley – applied law (Distinction*), IB history (5), IB global politics (6), reflective project:(A) -University of Southampton, history
- Kyle – business (Distinction), travel & tourism (Distinction), finance (B) – University of Greenwich, primary education with QTS
- Emilia – travel & tourism (Merit), health & social care(Distinction), IB psychology (4) – University of Greenwich, midwifery
- Marcin – eSports (Distinction), creative media (Merit), travel & tourism: (Merit) -Canterbury Christ Church University, creative media and music production
“I am delighted to celebrate an excellent set of results, which has provided our students with a range of destinations and opportunities for their futures. Today we have had a jubilant atmosphere as a result of the hard work from staff and students.” Michael Gore, Principal
“On behalf of the Governing body, we wish to extend our delight and thanks to all our post-16 students and staff for another high performing year. It has been a challenging context since the pandemic, however to exceed results prior to this is a testament to the Wilmington community. It is pleasing to see our students go on to a wide variety of destinations, including international placements.” Darrel Linehan-Dumont, Chair of Governors.
Leigh Academies Trust video to follow later today, check back later for any updates!