I am pleased to invite all parents/carers of students attending Wilmington Academy to the first informal ‘Parent Voice’ meeting of the new academic year.
Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at Wilmington Academy. The Parent Voice sessions aim to represent the views of all parents/carers and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers and staff and governors. The forum works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent’s/carer’s perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision.
The Parent Voice sessions are not a place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to individual members of staff. Parents/carers who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or Head of College.
- To support and promote children’s learning.
- To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues.
- To involve parents and carers actively in school decisions.
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children.
The meeting will take place virtually, on Thursday 24 November 2022 between 6:00- 7:00 pm, as we found that more parents/carers are able to attend this way. Here is the information about how to join the meeting as well as the protocol for the session. If you have any questions please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The forum will be hosted using the Google Meet platform. You do not need to have an account in order to participate.
Instructions for joining the meeting:
- Click the meeting link: Join with Google Meet (meet.google.com/zou-jdee-akt)
- You will be asked to grant access to your camera and microphone (see images below).
You do not need to do this if you don’t wish to, however, you won’t be able to ask a question audibly in the meeting without this. You can still ask questions via the “Chat” function.
- You will then be shown a preview of the camera image, and green dots on the bottom left of the preview will indicate that your microphone is registering.
- Please take this opportunity to mute your microphone until you are ready to speak.
- If you do have a Google or Gmail account then the meeting will already have your name, if not you will be asked to enter your name before asking to join the meeting.
- Our moderator will then let you into the meeting room.
In order to ensure we can have a productive discussion despite this new experiment with technology we would ask you to adhere to the following:
- Keep your microphone muted when you aren’t speaking.
- If you would like to ask a question please indicate this in the “Chat” function.
You can access the chat by clicking on the speech bubble in the bar at the top right corner.
- The moderator will let the presenter know and then the presenter will call upon you when they are ready to take a question.
- If you would like to type your question you can type it into the chat. The question will similarly be relayed to the presenter.
Research has shown that regular open communication is critical to student and school success and we hope that this virtual forum will provide you with an opportunity to keep you informed and to hear from you about your perspective on current policy, and practice.
We look forward to meeting you all virtually on Thursday 24 November.
Should you have any technical questions about the event please contact me on email@example.com.
Parent Voice Lead
Assistant Principal – Minerva