With recent reports of possible adverse weather conditions, I am writing to inform you of the procedure should the academy have to close.
The academy will make every effort to make sure it is open for as long as possible, should we need to close part-way through the day, we will send a text message and email to parents/carers to inform you.
Should the academy need to close due to overnight conditions which affect the school access routes/site, a text message and email will be sent to you by 8:00am telling you if the academy is closed/open.
In the rare case that a decision is made to close the school due to health and safety reasons, education will still be provided through our successful teaching and learning portal.
Other things you can do:
- Visit www.kentclosures.co.uk. The Kent Closures website will display closures for a number of services including libraries, nurseries and Children’s Centres.
- You may want to sign up for the SMS or email alerts on www.kentclosures.co.uk – please be aware there is a charge for SMS alerts but not for emails.
- Tune into KMFM, BBC Radio Kent and Heart FM, these will inform you if the academy is open/closed.
- Visit www.kent.gov.uk/winter for more information about salting routes, KCC services affected, travel issues etc.
- You can also visit the BBC or gov.uk websites for home learning resources to support children’s learning whilst the school is closed.
Mr M Gore